Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Little of This, A Lot of That!

Hello Sweets,

So after a really long sleep (ten hours) and a day of relaxing, I am still really sore and tired :(  I didn't expect to feel super and back to normal, but I definitely thought I would feel a little better.  It's unfortunate but I am used to this process, you'd think by now I'd be able to gauge what will hurt me and what won't.  Clearly I am not very good at that lol, but I made lots of lovely memories yesterday and that's all that matters to me.

Today's pie filling is a combination, I didn't have a lot of the main ingredient so when I came across this recipe it was absolutely perfect!  Let me see if this hint will help, what time of kiss do children love to do because of the sound it makes?  A raspberry lol!  My nephew does it all the time and he thinks it is just hilarious because it sounds so funny lol.  So our main star ingredient today is raspberries, but I didn't have enough to make a good fillings so I had to keep researching.  Then I came across a recipe that sounded so delicious to me, and it included one of my many favorite fruits.  That fruit is the one we used yesterday, nectarines!  The idea of raspberries and nectarines together sounded so good together that I didn't need to look any longer.  When I was little my grandmother used to grow raspberries and some other small fruits in her garden, I say hers because my grandfather's was the large vegetable garden.  It was fun at first, then the squirrels started stealing them before we could enjoy any and had to cover with mesh wire.  After that we had no problem ensuring we were able to enjoy them, and just like blueberries I just leave eating them by themselves.

Raspberry Nectarine Pie Filling
Ingredients
1C raspberries
1/4C nectarines, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
3Tbs sugar
2Tsp flour
 

Directions:
1)  Gently toss the fruit with the sugar and flour until they're evenly coated.
 

A lovely mixture of sweet and tart, add a heaping spoonful to your pastry cup and bake as directed in my previous post.  Allow to completely cool before enjoying :)
 

I know I've said it probably a million times now, but I really am happy and proud of how these tarts turned out.  Each flavor is distinctly different in their own way, some sweet and other more tart.  All of them delicious and filling enough that you don't have to eat more than one at a time.  Not to mention you don't feel guilty about eating them because they're very close to bite size!

I know this post is on the short side as well, but my migraine is making it very hard to concentrate :(  Well we have one last tart left to fill, now I've got to start thinking about what I want to make next, hmmmmm maybe something for dinner perhaps ;)  Until next time.......................................


Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment