Sunday, August 4, 2013

You and I, Baby We Make Fireworks!

Hello Sweets,

I hope y'all are enjoying the weekend, the sun is shining here but with a cool breeze.  It actually made for a perfect day to have a barbecue with some of the family :)  I just love watching my nephew be silly outside, he is always so full of energy and smiles.  I even took a walk after I got home to get some ice cream from this cool double decker bus that's been converted to an ice cream shop.  Unfortunately I didn't bring my phone (which I think is good to do sometimes) so there is no picture to share, but I did get a black sweet cherry ice cream that was both sugar and lactose free.  And guess what?  It tasted very good, not as good as the ones Nathan makes me but good for what it was lol ;)

So I thought this would be my last "4th of July" post, but then I realized I made an adult treat also.  It's just a small, fun recipe that I'm going to save for tomorrow since it's Sunday and that is set for a recharge and relaxing day :)  As promised, today I am going to give you a glimpse through my eyes and how much fun we had on the fourth of July.  Nathan is such an amazing man to have in my life, yes I know I'm fortunate, and he did everything to make sure my first fourth of July celebration would be memorable.  He even was okay with some of the things he thought was just silly, but that's me and he loves me for it (win win).  The first thing we did was make sure I looked the part, from my head all the way to my toes (I always wear cowboy boots so that was just a happy coincident).
Yea you can laugh, we sure did!

So like most girls I love things that sparkle, but I also like things that go bang too!  The following are some videos I took when we went to shoot fireworks off.  This was like nothing I had ever experienced in Canada, Nathan told me we were going to a farmers field and there would be lots of other people shooting fireworks off at the same time.  I wasn't sure what to expect because I've either shot them off with some family and friends, or have gone to one of the parks here that do a big show.  Before we even got to the field we got stuck in Texas traffic, but luckily for us there was a show to enjoy while passing the time :)
 
watching fireworks from the highway :)
Take a look at what fireworks are like in Texas (some might have my finger in the shot lol oops sorry);
 
This was probably the best shot I got all night, it truly captures how fantastic of a show it was

The quality of the firework display is not great, but you can see how large the crowd was
the Canadian gives it a go! Disappointed because the packaging said purple but it was green lol
Nathans turn, and I think he's having a little too much fun :) love him to bits!
sparkle, sparkle baby!!
Fireworks 101: Don't stand in front of a large group of people shooting fireworks off *shakes head*

Quite the show right?  And of course there is one more sparkle to share :)  What is the one thing any girl, young or old, wants when there are fireworks involved?
  
sparklers baby!!!!

Ya I'm still very much a kid inside, but hey I had the time of my life and have a ton of memories.  I can't wait until the next celebration with fireworks in Texas, although I hear you can light them off all year round in the country.  Better watch out uncle Michael and aunt Cindy, we'll be heading your way ;)

Remember to come back tomorrow for a short, sweet, and sassy adult recipe!  Until next time................


Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxooxo


No comments:

Post a Comment