I cannot wait until spring is finally here, because my health is just on a roller coaster ride and it is not fun. I've been having really bad migraines, which then causes dizziness and nausea. Naturally that means I haven't been in the kitchen much, but I'm changing that tonight! I'm making my grandfather a special little surprise for his birthday, and I'll share it with y'all tomorrow.
Tonight I am bringing you a sweet and unique treat :) It's my favorite dessert at El Fenix when I'm in Texas, so much that we'll order extra to bring home for later lol. Obviously it is a Mexican dessert, and it also very traditional for them. I'm going to get right in to the recipe tonight, that way I can hopefully beat the migraine before it flares back up.
1) Beat egg with milk.
2) Add sugar and salt.
3) Add baking powder to flour.
5) Cover; let stand for about 10 minutes.
6) Roll out very thin; cut into 2"-3" strips.
7) Drop into very hot fat. Dough puffs quickly into little pillows.
8) Drain on paper towel.
9) Serve hot; plain or with honey or cinnamon sugar.