Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Not Your Avergae Cookie

Hello Sweets,

I hope y'all had a wonderful Wednesday :), and just think only two more sleeps until the weekend lol.  My day was very very bed ridden today :(, which really bummed me out because I really wanted to get into the kitchen today.  So no matter what happens tonight I am getting my little butt in the kitchen tomorrow no matter how I feel!  Take that crappy health, I'm going to do what I want :p

Today is gluten-free Wednesday!  Well not normally but for the sake of today's post it is lol.  Recently my mom found out she had a gluten intolerance, which is interesting because they think my sister might have one as well.  Thank you lord for allowing me to consume flour *woot woot*.  Any who, my mom is into homeopathic medicine such as Reiki, healing touch, and angels.  If you are interested in learning more please feel free to visit her web page Universal Healing Energies, I know she would love new visitors and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.  Many many moons ago my mom decided to try something else in the homeopathic field called ear candling.  Everyone is told that q-tips are not good to use for cleaning ears and you shouldn't put anything bigger than your elbow in your ear, but seriously lol what can you put in your ear that is that big!?!  Let me give you a quick little run down as to what and how it works, basically it is a special form of candle that sits in your ear canal and once it's lit it will draw the wax out of the ear canal.  It is widely disputed but most doctors (as you can read in this article), but I have had it done more than once, I've seen the results and believe it works.

As a trade off she asked me to bake her some gluten-free chocolate chip cookies.  I haven't baked anything gluten free besides the paleo bars I made last year, so I had to do some research to see the different types of ingredient combinations there are.  There are tons lol and the ingredients used are very unique for cookies, which made for a hard choice lol.  I cam across this cute little blog Nicole Joy Health and Wellness , she is in to health and wellness and provides all sorts of great healthy recipes.  So check out her website, and now her version of a chocolate chip cookie :)

Processed Sugar-Free and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
1/4C butter, softened
1 heaped tbs of coconut oil
1/4C + 2Tbs raw sugar
1Tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1/4Tsp baking soda
1/4Tsp baking powder
1/4Tsp salt
1 1/2C almond meal
1/2C carob chips

 

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 340F and line baking trays with parchment paper.  In a large bowl cream together; butter, coconut oil, and raw sugar for about four minutes.
 

2)  Add the egg and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
 

3)  Mix in the baking soda, baking powder, and almond flour until well incorporated.
 

4)  Fold the carob chips in with a wooden spoon.
 
looks like real cookie dough

5)  Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking tray (you want be able to roll them into balls as the dough is tacky).
 
6)  Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
 

As you can tell by the pictures, the cookies have a different texture to them then a regular cookie.  I did try a small bite of the cookie and it wasn't bad, just different lol.  My mom however who had taken them home said they were delicious, and you can't beat feedback from the people who are eating them :)

As good as they were, I think I'll still stick with my flour based cookies ;)  After all, it is what I know best lol, but I tried something new and it worked so I know I could make more of them if anyone would like them.  Tomorrow I am sharing a three generation strong recipe from a friend of mine.  I promise you it's both worth the wait and delicious, there is a reason why it's three generations strong after all.  Until next time...........................................


Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxoxo











No comments:

Post a Comment