Thursday, August 8, 2013

Dare I Say, The Perfect Pancake

Hello Sweets,

Well much to my dismay :(  I did not get my little butt into the kitchen today.  My sleep is so out of whack it's not even funny, and when that happens I tend to feel even worse.  So tonight I am going to put myself to bed early because I have all the information I need to move forward with a creation that I've been dreaming of.  Alas that will have to wait one more day *sigh*.

However, I will give y'all the super delicious recipe from my friend Heather that I promised.  As you can tell by the title we are making pancakes today!!  But these are no ordinary pancakes, these pancakes have been in her family for three generations now and nothing stays in your family that long unless it's great!  I'll be the first to admit in the past I've made pancakes out of a box (I know, awful), but I've also made them from scratch.  The recipes I've used in the past are less dimensional then Heathers, not to mention a few extra special ingredients go into hers.  I'm a huge fan of breakfast for dinner, lol yes you read that correctly I eat breakfast for dinner and I like it!  But one of my favorite any time of the day breakfast food would have to be pancakes, especially when I make them with maple bacon *drool*.

Unfortunately for me I didn't make bacon with my pancakes, but instead added a little something extra to the batter to give it yet another dimension.  If you are interested in checking out Heather's blog you can do so by clicking here, it's a little blog dedicated to mental illness and not acting as though it doesn't exists in most peoples lives.  I find her writing to be helpful and even sometimes inspiring when I'm having a less than happy moment, which I am not afraid to admit it happens pretty frequently (thank you fibromyalgia).  Just like Heather I have my own little tools to cope, but the most common one we share would have to be creating in the kitchen!  So without further ado, I present to you Heathers super awesome pancakes!

Heather's 3 Generation Pancakes
Ingredients
1 1/2C flour
3Tsp baking powder
1/2Tsp salt
1/2Tsp allspice
3Tbs sugar
1 egg
1 1/4C milk
3Tbs butter, melted
1/4Tsp vanilla
1/2C carob chips
 
*Heather additionally adds cinnamon or allspice, although cinnamon is present in the picture I decided to add allspice in the end lol*

Directions:
1)  Sift and mix the dry ingredients together, making a well in the center.
 

2)  Beat the egg well in a small bowl and add the milk.
 

3)  Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry mix.  Add vanilla and butter, mixing until smooth.
 
 
4)  Fold in the carob chips with a wooden spoon.


5)  Always try a spot of batter on your pan/griddle to ensure it is hot enough.  If you'd like a thicker batter add less milk.
 

These pancakes are light and airy, and they have so much more flavor then any box pancake mix could ever dream of.  If you try them you'll be able to understand why they've been in Heather's family for three generations.  I think because of the fantastic quality of the pancakes you could add almost anything to them, from fruits to chocolate, or even dare I say bacon!  Yes I know I have an obsession with bacon, but it's just sooooo good.

For tomorrows post I want y'all to think tiny, sweet, and maybe even fruity thoughts.  But as per usual I am not going to give you anymore information than that, I have to keep y'all coming back don't I?  Until next time..............................


Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxoxo






2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for bringing my recipe to the masses!! <3 I'm proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure was all mine, I'm sure this won't be the last one :)

      Delete