Saturday, November 17, 2012

Parisian Paradise

Hello Sweets,

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend, do you have anything exciting planned?  Or maybe you've already done something fun, I would love to hear all about it :)  I thought I was through the worst of this cold last night, then at 3am it decided to regroup and hit me all over again, c'est la vie!

So since I slept most of the afternoon away, and when I awoke my throat wasn't scratchy I thought I would make myself a special steak sandwich that I haven't had in a long time.  This is something I learnt how to make years ago as an alternative lunch sandwich, for when you want to have a fulfilling lunch and just a small dinner later on, or whenever it is just that great of a sandwich.  Plus it is versatile, you can add what ever your heart desires, and a side that suits your fancy at the time :)  Now let us get to our Parisian paradise.

Parisian Steak Sandwich
Ingredients
any cut of steak you prefer
3Tbs soy spread (or butter)
1/2 Parisian loaf
salt
pepper
chili flakes
garlic
2Tsp olive oil
4Tbs white cheddar cheese
1/2" sliced off an onion

Directions:
1)  Preheat your oven to broil.  Marinade your steak with the spices of your choosing in a container with a lid, at the end add the olive oil, close the lid and shake to coat the steak.  Set aside.

2)  Slice your half loaf, then cut in half.  Place open face up on a baking sheet, apply soy spread, then coat with garlic to your liking.  Set aside.
you can buy garlic loaves if you'd like, I just like to control the amount of garlic :)

3)  Chop up your onions, add them and the steak to a frying pan on low-medium heat (normally I would add mushrooms as well but I forgot to pick some up, boo).  Cook until there is pink inside (the steak will finish cooking in the oven with the bread).  Remove from heat and slice into strips.  Leave the onions in the pan to caramelize before adding to the bread.

4)  Place the garlic bread into the oven to toast prior to adding the meat (if you don't you'll have soggy bread).  Remove once toasted.

5)  Add the strips of steak and caramelized onions, then top with the cheese.  Place back into the oven (turn to low heat), just long enough for the cheese to melt.  Remove from the oven and enjoy!


I was originally was going to enjoy a nice side salad with my sandwich but ran out of lettuce, so I chose to have some yummy brussel sprouts (my fav).  Needless to say it was a very enjoyable dinner, and I now have a great lunch already made for tomorrow!

So where are you guys with your Frosty Fitness Challenge?  I have been giving it my best but this dang cold has really put the breaks on it :( , but none the less here is my little itty bitty proof for today :)
1/2 mile today, 7.38m for the week = 11.87kms, not 20km but I tried

I am very excited to share a little bit of news with you, a friend of Nathan and I's, Dave over at Impact Views, who is an AMAZING artist, is going to draw me a logo for my blog!!!!  I'm super excited because I really want to keep doing this, and I am becoming more serious about the whole idea of making a brand for myself :)  I know right now it's just something to help keep my spirits up and to share with others, but as I've stated in other post, I hope one day to make myself a little business out of my passion.  And if you're going to create a brand, you've got to have a way for people to recognize you, and when you guys see what we have designed you'll be blown away, I promise!

In the meantime, go check out Dave's blog, he writes about music, life, and what ever else comes to mind :)  Nathan and him used to have radio show together (which was awesome), so I can say with confidence that he writes well and it is always entertaining.  So what are you waiting for??  Check out his blog already lol.

I would love to hear what your guys favorite sandwich is, and what you like to put on it.  I always enjoy hearing from you guys :)  Until next time..........


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo 











  

No comments:

Post a Comment