Monday, January 13, 2014

Chocolate Warm Ups

Hello Sweets,

Since it's Monday I thought it would be fun to do a small, simple, but always delicious post :)  For those of you whom aren't familiar with my blog geographically, southern Ontario Canada has been getting pummeled by old man winter.  Thankfully for me I've been in Texas since Christmas so the weather here has been significantly milder, but I am not looking forward to my return home later this week :/  I have my winter jacket and boots with me so I am prepared clothing wise, but today was  70F (21C) so I am sure no matter what I wear I'll be freezing.

What is your favorite beverage on a cold winter day?  A hot cup of coffee or tea?  Maybe you add a little Baileys, lol or maybe you're completely PG like me and you enjoy a good old fashion cup of cocoa :D  I hadn't had a cup of cocoa in years, so in November when the DFW area got slammed by an ice storm cocoa went on the "must buy" shopping list.  Funny thing about the ice storm though, it caused deliveries to stores (ie; grocery stores) to become non existent lol.  I have never been in a grocery store where the eggs, milk, and many other things were completely sold out.  Of course the cocoa section of the grocery store was cleaned right out, well except for the instant add hot water thingies.  However, Nathan prefers the ones that require you to softly boil milk so they were not an option, actually I prefer them now too lol.  Feeling almost defeated we went to Starbucks to get some lattes, seeing they still had some of their cocoa left we decided that would do in a pinch.

Super Simple and Easy Cocoa
Ingredients
hot cocoa powder
milk
mini marshmallows or whipped cream
Ghirardelli makes everything chocolate even more amazing!!

Directions:
1)  Determine how many cups you'll need to make, if using large cups use 1 1/2 - 2 servings per person.  Measure out amount of milk needed, place into a saucepan and bring to a slow boil.

2)  Once boiling, add 1-2Tbs/cup of the cocoa powder and mix well.

3)  Pour into cups, top with mini marshmallows or whipped cream.  If you only have regular marshmallows, cut them into smaller pieces with a sharp knife (it will be uber sticky, so use patience). 
sticky, yet yummy work


perfect addition to a cold cuddle night
See, simple but delicious :)  Nothing beats a hot cup of cocoa on a chilly night, well nothing except cuddles!  Until next time....

Stay sweet,


Jennifer xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment