Monday, January 27, 2014

Not Quite a Cake, Yet Not Quite Pudding

Hello Sweets,

Well tomorrow is the day I get my keys!!!  I am doing as much packing as possible tonight so I feel as though it's not such a daunting task, but the mandatory naps aren't helping.  I just woke up from one and am feeling quite groggy, so I figured I write a post to help wake my brain up before I do anything else.  As much as I am looking forward to moving, the stress of the final days is getting to me lol.  I just hate the packing part lol.  Oh well, it has to be done right?  On the plus side, I found this super soft and super awesome bath mat.  Do statements like that mean that I've become old?  I am finding that new household objects are super fun for me, lol yea I am old.

So today we are delving right into chocolate!  Are you a "chocoholic"?  If so then you've picked the perfect day to stop by my little blog :)  I'm not a chocoholic, but if it's the right dessert I will be all over it.  This dessert is the quintessential chocolate craving quencher, if you really want chocolate and can't wait to get it, then this is the recipe for you.  Let's get to the good stuff, so I can get back to packing *yawn*

Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake
Ingredients
(cake)
3/4C flour
1/2C sugar
1/2C unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2tsp baking powder
2/3C milk
1tsp vanilla
2Tbs vegetable oil
(topping)
2/3C packed brown sugar
1/4C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4C cocoa
1 1/4C hot water
 

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 350F.  In a 2qt casserole dish, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
 

2)  Add milk, oil, and vanilla.  Stir until well mixed.
 

3)  In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips.
 

4)  Sprinkle over cake batter.  DO NOT STIR.
 

5)  Pour hot water over top.  Again, do not stir.
 

6)  Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top looks cooked.  Serve warm.
yummy!

chocolaty gooey goodness
  
This dessert is so hard to explain, as it's not quite pudding but it's not quite cake either.  What it is, is a warm, gooey, chocolaty plate of heaven.  I love chocolate lava cakes, but this will do in its place any day!  The fun part is when you serve a piece, because under the cake section is the gooey puddingness (totally just made up my own word lol).  This is something that will definitely be made again, as it was such a great hit.  Nathan sure did love it :)

Now it's time to get back to the fun stuff; packing lol.  Maybe beforehand I will bake up a treat, lol probably shouldn't, but I wanna lol.  Until next time....


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment