Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Bark is Better Than My Bite

Hello Sweets,

It's Sunday and the weekend is over :(  I hope y'all spent your weekend doing what you love, and perhaps even a little baking thrown in as well.  I was completely unproductive :(  I slept through all of my alarms (yes I has multiple), which meant I didn't get to go to church.  Then because I wasn't at church I missed spending the afternoon with my grandpa picking things up for my new apartment.  Ugh, lol well at least I'm getting a blog out to y'all right?  I can always make up for my laziness after this post, there is still a bit of packing left to do so that's a priority.

I think part of the reason I missed my alarm was because I couldn't sleep, so I spent my time looking and researching the cutest thing.  Sugar gliders!!!
baby_sugarglider1
How cute are they!! **Not my picture**


Aren't they just frickin' adorable?!?  Now I so want one, lol they are the most interesting creatures I've come across in some time.  They are marsupials, which means they're closely related to kangaroos and they're more commonly in the southern hemisphere.  They are nocturnal creatures, but have been known to be a little active in the day (as long as you protect their eyes from bright lights).  They eat fruits and veggies, and then need protein from things like meal worms, chicken, or hard boiled eggs.  Personally I think I would stick to the chicken and eggs, but who am I kidding I can't deny a healthy option to any pet I own lol.  The cute part is they have quite the sweet tooth, so when you create a BLM (a mix of ingredients to get specific vitamins and calcium) mixture there is definitely honey involved.  The other part I just absolutely adore about them is that bonding with your sugar bear (another name for them) is a must, and they love to be right against your body in a pouch.  I just want one so bad now lol, they are so sweet looking and they bark like dogs so it would help subside my desire to get a puppy....for now lol.

Anyways, enough about Sugar Bears, let's get back to the good stuff.  So my momma really wanted me to make this recipe she nonchalantly posted to my FaceBook, really subtle like lol **cue eye roll**.  Since I was going to be spending a night at her house and she was going to drive me to the airport, I was completely okay to make it.  The nice part about this recipe is there is not a lot of ingredients involved, and chances are you have most of them on hand already.  If you like peanut butter and chocolate together as much as my momma and I do, this recipe is completely for you.  We can thank Hershey's for this recipe, since it came from their recipe section :)

 Peanut Butter Bark via Hershey's
Ingredients
2 pk (4oz each) semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, broken into pieces
1 2/3C peanut butter chips
1Tbs shortening (I used butter instead)
1/2C roasted peanuts
 

Directions:
1)  Cover cookie sheet with wax paper.  Place chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl on medium for 1 minute, stir if necessary.  Continue with 15 second increments, stirring after each heating until chocolate is melted and smooth.
 
  

2)  Immediately place peanut butter chips and shortening into another microwavable safe bowl.  Microwave for 1 minute, stir if necessary.  Continue with 15 second increments, stirring after each heating until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
 
 

 3)  Stir in peanuts.
 

4)  Alternately spoon above mixtures onto prepared tray, swirl with a knife to create a marbling effect.
 

5)  Gently tap tray on counter top to even out thickness of mixture.  Refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until firm.
 

6)  Break into pieces.  Store in an air tight container in a cool dry place.
 
  

You'll end up with one pound of candy, but on the bright side you'll have no problem finding people to share it with.  It's not overly sweet, and has the perfect subtle saltiness to it thanks to the peanuts.  My momma was very happy with the end result and that makes me happy :)  There are so many different types of bark out there, you're sure to find one that suits your fancy.

 Well I really need to get off my butt and start packing some more.  Tomorrow is the start of a string of chocolaty posts, so be sure to come back because you won't want to miss out on these!  Until next time....

Stay sweet,


Jennifer xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment