Saturday, December 1, 2012

Migraine Madness

Hello Sweets,

I must apologize in advanced for what will be a short post, and the fact that it is posted so late, but this dang migraine has really got a hold of me :(  So I thought it would be appropriate to take a post and talk about migraines and what they do to me personally.

Migraines are a chronic condition, that is moderate to severe headaches (although those of us with migraines don't like to refer to them as headaches), they affect everyone differently and you can see all the main symptoms here.  It affects everyone differently but none the less it is quite debilitating, I never used to even get headaches and then slowly but surely I noticed that Advil and Tylenol no longer were having an effect.

The way my migraines affect me are; sensitivity to light, smell (some are worse then others), sound, temperature, dizziness, nausea, and weakness.  These are only the main ways they affect me, it has actually taken me about four hours to slowly work my way through these three paragraphs :(  It even limits my ability to have a normal eating schedule, I stay away from sugary things and caffeine, so basically I become a hermit of sorts during these "attacks".  The most normal of noises become unbearable and I end up in tears with my head in my hands.

I guess what I am trying to get across with this post is information for those dealing with someone with migraines, we may seem like we are avoiding you or grumpy but really we just need the time to heal.  Although migraines suck they always end, and it really is learning how to manage them, unfortunately I chose to go the hermit route.  Until next time....


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment