Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Delicious Treat for Nathan

Hello Sweets,

You know the saying "the quickest way to a mans heart is through his stomach", well I can say that it is true.  When I cook for Nathan he is one happy camper, but when I make him my spaghetti he smiles from ear to ear.  Now I don't think my spaghetti is anything special, but I have had many people tell me that it is fantastic, even ones that say they don't like spaghetti have enjoyed it.

This is a family recipe that my mother passed down to me as a child.  Now I will warn you, we DO NOT measure when it comes to sauces or really anything other than baking (although even then I sometimes play with the measurements).  You can make this recipe your own by creating flavors that your taste buds enjoy, and I also must apologize because we were so hungry that I started cooking without a picture of the ingredients, but I will list everything I used :)  I also want to mention it is a bold statement to say that my spaghetti is amazing, but it really is delicious and everyone should be privy to the delectable delight.  Now on to the yumminess that is my spaghetti!!


Canuckette's Amazing Spaghetti
Ingredients
1lb of ground beef (use more if feeding more than 3 people)
2 pints fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cans of tomato sauce
1 small can of tomato paste
oregano
Italian seasoning
black pepper
sea salt 
roasted garlic
garlic powder

Directions:
1)  Cook your ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, season with all of the above spices to your pallet preference (this will ensure the flavors are also absorbed into the meat, very tasty).  At the same time, start simmering the sauce and tomato paste over medium heat .

2)  Once the meat is done cooking add the onions, mushrooms, and ground beef to the sauce and start playing with your spices.  It helps to have a "tester" with you to taste as you spice, I also use my nose as a big help :)
mmmm yummy

3)  It's always nice to have some garlic bread baking in the oven while the noodles are cooking, and if you time it right they will be done at the same time.

I can't even begin to explain the joy I get cooking this specific meal.  I take great pride in my spaghetti because it is something I've always made, and miraculously it always turns out great :p

I know I've been talking about holiday baking, but I have yet to produce any for you :(.  But now that Christmas is 13 days away, the 'almost daily baking' will commence.  I have found all sorts of different recipes for many holiday treats, of course the traditional sugar cookies, and even some twists for the traditional.  I can't wait to start baking some yummy treats, so much so I am pulling the butter out of the fridge tonight so it is room temperature and ready to go!   Until next time........


Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment