Friday, September 27, 2013

The Nutty Monkey Gets Dressed Up

Hello Sweets,

So I know you've all been patiently waiting to have the final piece of the banana pecan cupcake puzzle, but I had to pick up some fun treats for myself.  I'm super excited to share my finds with y'all, however since it's so late I am just going to wait until tomorrow to unveil them.  I also wanted to show y'all my website but it's not quite ready yet, I will say that it's looking pretty dang good :)  I'm getting closer to it becoming live, which makes me very excited.

Today is the third and final post in the the "nutty monkey" series, and he is getting dressed up for a night on the town.  Lol okay not really but we need to get this sweet treat finished!  Since there are so many delicious flavors already involved in this I wanted to make sure they weren't overpowered with the icing.  The perfect icing that compliments any sweet treat is a cream cheese one, especially when it's a simple as vanilla.  This is a simple basic cream cheese icing, not complicated just good ;)

Cream Cheese Icing
Ingredients
8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2C butter, softened
2tsp vanilla
4C powdered sugar

Directions:
1)  Beat butter and cream cheese together in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
 

2)  Mix in icing sugar and vanilla until smooth.
 

To assemble the "nutty monkey";
Pipe the icing from the outside inward and top with the candied pecan, your guests will surely ask for more.
 

The perfect blend of sweetness in the cake and icing, topped with the salty sweet pecan.  These were a huge hit with both adults and children, you won't be able to keep them around long so make sure you set one aside for yourself ;)

I took these and the pumpkin spice cupcakes to my mother's party, part for a going away and part for a birthday.  Everyone complimented me on the flavors and quality, which is exactly why I am putting myself out there and taking a chance with my little business :)
 

I know my logo is not of the best quality right now, but I emailed my artist Dave and he sent me a higher resolution image that looks fantastic printed out.  Now to find a good place to order stickers or maybe even purchase sticker paper and do it myself, lol great more decisions.

Now I am going back to my website because it is soooo close to being done I can't take it, lol seriously Nathan keeps telling me that taking my time is okay but I just want it out there so bad!!  Until next time.....


 Stay sweet,




Jennifer xoxoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment