Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Summer Lovin'

Hello Sweets,

I hope you all are having a fantastic week :) Mine, as I am sure you can tell by the sporadic posts is meh, for lack of a better word.  It's been another sleepless couple of nights for this girl, which is why this post is going to be short, sweet, and straight to the point.  I promise tomorrow I will have something new and unexpected, even for me, and I am quite excited to share with all of you!

As I mentioned in my last post I had a little something to remind us all of the sun, sand, and fun with friends, and here I am "cool" as a cucumber ready to share with all of you.  What do you think of when you think about summer?  BBQ's, beaches, sunshine, swimming, and many more things I'm sure but the one thing that always comes to my mind, frozen drinks (both virgin and non).  Ironically enough, this is also something that is perfect for me when I can't seem to eat very much, I just pack it full of fruits and protein and then I don't feel as badly about not getting an actual meal.  Now this is just the flavor that I threw together and it's a new one for myself, normally I have more traditional smoothies, but hey use what you have on hand, and you won't know if you will like it unless you try it right?  The only reason I'm not calling this a smoothie is strictly because I didn't have any yogurt on hand, and thought it would be declassified as a "meal" if I had used ice cream, lol I actually made a healthy choice even when I know ice cream is a comfort food for me, huh yay for smartie pants moment!!

Canuckette's Cantaloupe & Apple Icy
Ingredients
3/4C cantaloupe, cubed
1/3C apple juice
1/2C ice (I have a magic bullet so these might be slightly off)

Directions:
1)  Put all the ingredients in your blender (bullet/hand mixer what ever you have), and blend into a frosty treat :)
(mine separated a bit because I let it sit too long)

Well there you have it, a simply sweet and cool refreshing drink good for any time of the year.  Don't be afraid to play around with different fruits, veggies, proteins (both traditional and powders), and what ever else your heart/taste buds are yearning for!

I feel like the world's worst blogger lately, sporadic posts and now short ones too :(, but I am taking care of me and that is probably the best choice I can make right now (even if I feel guilty about it lol).  I am already ahead of the game with tomorrows post (recipe complete), so hopefully I can have a little story to go along with it ;)  Until next time.............................


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment