Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Nacho, Nacho Man

Hello Sweets,

Well with the move behind me I am ready to continue normal life again lol.  I really hate moving, like really hate it lol.  I think the worst part is the packing and unpacking, I personally like the organizing factor but as long as someone empties the box for me ;)  Soon I will take some pics to share with y'all, but I am still finalizing some of my accent pieces.

I know I am a little with my Superbowl post, but you know what I always say "better late than never".  I decided to take a little break from the sweet treats for the Sunday fun day, instead I opted to go with an appetizer type of snack for everyone.  Well everyone except for Nathan that is :(, he doesn't like cheese (except on pizza), and he wouldn't let me make a non cheese option.  My mom was making her delicious wings and her signature stuffed jalapenos, so naturally I decided on a dip. Now this isn't your bland and boring add some dried onion soup mix to sour cream, this is a  yummy layered nacho dip!  My mom taught me how to make this years ago, I don't make it often but it is always a crowd pleaser :)  Ready to take a dip?

Canuckette's Layered Nacho Dip
Ingredients
1 tub sour cream
1 brick cream cheese, softened
1 jar salsa
2C (approx) cheese *your choice*, shredded
 

Directions:
1)  In a medium bowl, cream together sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
 

2)  Pour into a 9"x13" casserole dish, smoothing with a spatula.  Set aside.
 

3)  Pour salsa over top, and smooth over entire area.
obviously not completely smoothed over
4)  Sprinkle shredded cheese over top, covering the entire surface.




Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.  Serve with your choice of tortilla chips, and enjoy!
tadaa!

Now with all the wings my mom made, the dip wasn't dented as much as I would have liked.  Which meant there were lots of leftovers, and unfortunately for me I ended up throwing a lot of it out.  I know :( very wasteful, but I am only one little girl.  It's too bad it wasn't closer to Wednesday, I have a women's lunch at my church and I can always bring extras of whatever I make lol.

It feels good to be back on schedule with life again, lol I know it seems silly because I only moved within my city.  But anyone that knows my struggles with my health, knows that even grocery shopping can be difficult.  I told Nathan that the next move I do will be to Texas, and I was completely serious (he understood).  It's a good thing I love my new apartment right lol?  Until next time....


Stay sweet,


Jennifer xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment