Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's What's On the Inside That Counts

Hello Sweets,

Another day complete, and another painful doctors appointment :(  I really, really, really hate the needles I have to get!  It was so bad today that I was crying so badly that my doctor asked if I needed to take a break, obviously I said yes.  We then proceed to discuss my ongoing battle with my benefit company, and what has become a never ending battle >_<  It always amazes me when the doctors ask me why they are stalling, lol I wish I had a good answer but I don't.  When all the doctors I've seen over the last 3+ years are in agreement about me not being able to go back to work yet because of my health, it's hard to understand why I'm being denied.  Well, other than them being greedy...you know whats.  We both agree on one thing though, nobody in their right mind would go through these awful needles for a dog and pony show!

Last night I resumed a painting I had started months ago, and yes it did help my mood a little.  The reason I had stopped before, was because I was extremely unhappy with the way my "sunset sky" had turned out.  It was blotchy and did not flow well at all, but now it is this beautiful pink, orange, and yellow sunset that compliment each color and blend perfectly.  The reason why I am taking this particular painting so serious, is because it's based off a photo I took while on vacation four years ago.  It was heaven on earth, otherwise known as "Bear Mountain" in New Mexico.  It is in the middle of a national park, but the land belongs to a friend of the family.  Their family has had it for a long time, and have chose to keep it almost off the grid.  We're talking no indoor plumbing or electricity, but when the views are that beautiful you don't need TV, cellphones, or many people for that matter lol.  There were many beautiful views from many different spots on the land, but there was one that I was particularly fond of.  It was right beside our A frame cabin on a little park bench, and it over looked the gorge that the mountains surrounded.  You could actually watch thunderstorms form in a swirling vortex, it was a really cool experience.  Anyways, the sunsets and sunrise were to die for.  Once I am closer to being complete, or when I'm actually done I'll share the final product with y'all :)

I'm very excited for tomorrow, I'm making my grandparents a delicious salmon dinner here at my new place :)  I am still planning all the little details, like the main flavor and side dishes, but it's going to be amazing.  I am making it after all lol.  In preparation for dinner tomorrow I made a delicious dessert to finish off the perfect meal.  I've been wanting to make theses from scratch for a long time, but thought I didn't have the right bake ware.  Then in a Macgyver like moment it hit me, I could make due with something I thought I would never use.  French onion soup bowls!  I don't care for onions so the soups on that list too, lol but I could use them for something even better :)

Molten Chocolate Cakes (via Kraft)
Ingredients
4oz Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
1/2C butter
1C icing sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6Tbs flour
(I only had unsweetened chocolate, so I added a Tbs of sugar for each oz of chocolate)
 

 Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 425F.  Butter 4 (3/4C) custard or ramekins.  Place on baking sheet and set aside.

2)  Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 minute.  Stir with a whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
 
 

3)   Add icing sugar (and sugar if needed); mix well.
 
 

4)  Blend in the whole eggs and egg yolks.



 

5)  Stir in flour.

 
 

6)  Pour into prepared cups.  Bake for 13-14 minutes, or until the sides are firm but the centers are still soft.
 

 

7)  Let stand for 1 minute.  Carefully run a small knife around the edges of cakes to loosen.  Invert cakes onto dessert plates, and remove cups.  Cut in half, serve warm with cool whip or icing sugar.
 



** You can also make them in muffin cups with the paper liners, bake for 10 minutes.**

It is a decadent cake, with a warm gooey center.  This is one of my favorite types of cakes, and now that I know how simple and easy it is to make this will be a regular occurrence at any family meals :)  I still can't believe how simple it is, but I am glad that I gave it a try and succeeded!

Now I've got some research to do, as I want tomorrows dinner to be deliciously perfect.  I'm also wanting to wash my floors tonight too.  Guess I better get my butt in gear :p  Until next time....


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment