Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Proof Is In The Pudding

Hello Sweets,

I hope y'all had a wonderful day. Mine was a little hectic, but since I got everything out of the way, I can spend the night relaxing and brainstorming :)  I wasn't having such a good day yesterday, feeling extremely awful and sore which makes sleep a trying task.  I was finally able to fall asleep (early this morning) but I made sure to set my alarm, well guess what I slept through?  You guessed it, my alarm :/  You know the feeling when you sleep through an alarm, rushing around and forgetting things.  That's how my day started, not a good way to start lol, but once I got the mundane stuff out of the way I decided to do something for me :)

When y'all think about your childhood what do you remember?  I think of baking with my grandma, cooking with my mom, building things with my grandpa, and all sorts of other fun memories.  Then my thoughts go immediately to all my favorite childhood foods like ice cream and freshly baked cookies, and then random things that not all kids may like such as shrimp.  I've loved seafood since I was a little kid, especially shrimp and in any form too!  I am leading you down the wrong path right now lol, because today's post is not about shrimp at all :p  We are not even going to be in the savory ballpark today, instead we are going back to the sweet memories of childhood.

Grandma's Chocolate Pudding (via Grandma's Kitchen)
Ingredients
2/3C sugar
1/4C unsweetened cocoa powder
3Tbs cornstarch
2C milk
1 large egg
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1Tbs butter
 

Directions:
1)  Combine sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, whisk in milk.
 

2)  Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until mixture boils.  Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
 

3)  Beat egg in a small bowl.  Whisk about 1/2C of hot chocolate mixture into egg.
 

4)  Whisk egg mixture back in to the milk mixture in the saucepan.  Cook over medium heat for two minutes, stirring mixture constantly.
 

5)  Remove pudding from heat; stir in vanilla and butter.  Pour into 4 individual serving dishes.  Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
 

 

 I will never eat pre made pudding again!!  This is so good it's unreal :D  It's deep, rich, chocolatey flavor is perfectly sinful.  It's so good that I want to make vanilla pudding tomorrow and make a layered delight.  I don't think there is one thing in this world that wouldn't taste better made from scratch, and I am going to try everything in my path!  I even managed to set aside a little container for my little monkey to enjoy too!  If I manage to make a vanilla pudding before they pick up the chocolate he'll have two more reasons why his auntie Jemmy is the best ;)

This was yet another first for little ol' me, and again I went at it with gusto and succeeded!  If there is ever something you want to try and make don't let the unknown stop you, whether it works out or not it's the road there that teaches us the lesson :)   Now I am going to see what is needed for vanilla pudding and do some more sketching for the upcoming job ;)  Sketching is not my forte by any means, but since the subject is Star Wars, I have Nathan to tell me where to make adjustments.  Until next time....


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment