Friday, May 31, 2013

No Monkey Business....well maybe a little

Hello Sweets,

I know I've been MIA again, but this crazy weather has been wreaking havoc on my head and body :(   I don't mean like ouch I've got a headache, more like someone has put my head in a vice and keeps screwing it tighter and tighter, which makes me one sad little girl.  But the blog must go on right?  Which is why I've decided to start teasing your sweet tooth tonight with the first of many cookie recipes.

As you may or may not know my little sister is getting married (actually it's tomorrow), and I offered to make cookies for the reception.  In all honesty I'm regretting doing that, I know that doesn't sound very sisterly but I always overreach with my capabilities and this has been very painful for me.  Standing in the kitchen to make one batch of cookies wouldn't be so bad, but I've had to triple each batch and shape them into their initials four different times.  I've probably spent upwards of twelve hours in the kitchen and my body has screamed loud each and every time, but before anyone questions I did break it up over five days, unfortunately that didn't seem to help much at all :(

I figured I would start with my favorite persons cookie, that being my little cutie of a nephew :)
 An old pic but his cuteness hasn't faded!

So when I had to decide what type of cookie the "m" would be I knew it was pretty obvious, my little monkey loves banana bread so why not a cookie?  That meant I'd have to research to see what I could find, I've made banana bread and muffins but never a cookie.  In the midst of my searching I took a break to relax by checking my Facebook, earlier that week I had started following a page of recipes and what was on my news feed?  Banana bites!!  If you have Facebook check out the page "recipes" it's a closed group but they will add you shortly, they are full of yummy recipes and people are constantly sharing new ones :)

Banana Bites
Ingredients
1C white sugar
1/2C butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
1Tsp vanilla
2C all-purpose flour
1Tsp baking soda
1/4Tsp salt
1/2Tsp cinnamon (my addition)

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 350F.  Coat baking sheets with cooking spray, I like to use coconut oil personally :)  In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.

2)  Add eggs and beat thoroughly.  Beat in mashed bananas and vanilla until well combined.

3)  Gradually blend in flour, baking soda, and salt.  Mix until just combined.

4)  Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheet (I made mine into letters), baking for 12-15 minutes.  Remove to wire racks to cool.
 
I didn't like the way they looked all blob like, so I cut them once cooled with the cookie cutter again :)

Well there you have it lovely readers, cookie number one complete and not a moment too soon because my shoulder and low back are starting to bug me :/  I probably won't be posting tomorrow obviously because of the wedding, hopefully I'll be back Sunday with another cookie recipe and maybe even a few wedding pictures.  Until next time...................

Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment