Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Breakfast, Si Vous Plait

Hello Sweets,

As you may or may not have noticed, I was not around yesterday :(  I woke up with a sore throat again, and was just so wiped out that I didn't create anything until late last night.  I didn't even realize it was pancake Tuesday, and I love pancake Tuesday :'(  However, I wasn't really in a pancake mood so it didn't bug me as much.  I also don't need a specific day to have pancakes any other time than breakfast, come on I love breakfast for dinner lol.  So tonight's post is going to be short and sweet, but that's because I'm making something cool and super yummy tonight.

Even though I didn't feel like pancakes, it did make me crave some breakfast food.  I started thinking about things I hadn't had in quite a while.  Then it dawned on me, french toast!!  I haven't had it in a really long time, and I felt like being creative.  French toast is one of those breakfast foods that you can make all your own.  Whether it's what you put in the batter, maybe you want to stuff it, or maybe you want to present it completely different.  This recipe is just plain old fashion french toast, with no bells and whistles.

Canuckette's French Toast
Ingredients
2pcs toast
2 eggs
1/3C milk
1Tbs butter, melted *mines cinnamon and delicious!*
1tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp nutmeg
splash of vanilla
 

Directions:
1)  Place all ingredients, minus the bread, into a small mixing bowl.  Beat until completely mixed.
 

 

2)  Place bread into the bowl one slice at a time.  Gently press down for a few seconds, then flip over and repeat on the other side.
 

3)  Preheat a frying pan, once hot place the soaked bread in to it.  Browning on each side.  Serve with your choice of toppings.
 
 

I choose to top mine with syrup only as the butter had been placed in the batter.  Then I garnished with some fresh strawberries, because they are delicious lol.  You can also top it with fresh fruit, icing sugar, or even something crazy like nutella.  I'm old fashion, so normally I will choose syrup.  What can I say, it makes me reminisce of times when I was little :)

Now I hate to cut things short, but the kitchen is calling my name and I know y'all will really like this one.  Not too sweet, but not savory either.  And yes it is a dessert, just not from this side of the border ;)  Yup, that's the only hint I will give y'all.  Until next time....


Stay sweet,



Jennifer xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment